“What is an Adoption Consultant and why do I need one?” We’re glad you asked!
You’ve probably already figured out that the process of adoption can be confusing, costly, time consuming, and simply overwhelming. There are a lot of questions and difficult decisions such as:
- How much will it cost and how will I afford it?
- How long will it take to adopt?
- Which adoption program should I choose?
- What is a home study and family profile?
- What are the risks?
An Adoption Consultant is someone that advises you through the process of adoption and serves as your “adoption coach” saving you time and money. However, not all Adoption Consultants are the same.
As one of the oldest, largest, and most experienced consulting teams, Christian Adoption Consultants (CAC) can offer a lot of added benefits.
- After 3,700 adoptions, we’ve learned a thing or two.
- Our Support Team of 20+ adoption professionals has over 120 years of combined experience.
- Our Founders, Malcolm and Amy Young, have also launched licensed adoption agencies so they have a broad understanding of adoption, depth of knowledge of licensing requirements, legal processes of adoption, and how agencies operate.
CAC Values and Standards:
- Founded on Christian principles and standards, we believe in ethical adoption practices and the highest level of care for all parties in the adoption triad.
- We VET our adoption agencies/attorneys. Not just any licensed agency is good enough for our clients. We strictly vet our adoption agencies/attorneys and situations to assess risk for our clients protection. In some cases, agency vetting takes over a year to complete.
CAC Support Team:
- CAC offers you a personal Adoption Consultant to walk with you step by step through your adoption process. In addition, you’ll have the support of our entire team of adoption professionals.
- Our Consulting Director is a licensed Social Worker and we have 8 staff members who have experience working at licensed adoption agencies.
- Birth Mother/Adoption Advocate, Ashley Boschen offers client consultations and shares her story, advice and recommendations on how to communicate with expectant/birth parents.
- Adoptees Jonathan Adam and Jonnilyn Spinks also offers client consultations where they share their adoption stories and advice for hopeful adoptive parents from an adult adoptee’s perspective.
- Adoptive Parent, Kat Gade offers client consultants and shares her personal experience with embryo adoption.
- Our Consultants are trained and follow strict company standards and guidelines for ethical adoption practices.
- Most of our Support Team members are not only adoption professionals but also adoptive parents.
- CAC is the only consulting group that offer Domestic, International, Embryo Adoption, and Special Needs Programs.
- In addition to our consulting services, CAC offers options for Family Profile design and Paperwork Preparation services for assistance with selected agency applications.