Our International Adoption Consulting Program for adoptions outside the US offers all inclusive consulting and adoption support services such as:
- Adoption Education, Support and Guidance We advise and support you throughout the entire adoption process, guiding you every step of the way.
- Choosing a Country and International Agency The first step in international adoption is to choose a country program where your family fits the foreign country’s requirements. Once that is done, we can help guide you on choosing an ethical and experienced agency.
- Home Study Guidance and Agency Referral We will educate you about the home study process and the paperwork needed so you know what to expect.
- Dossier Guidance and Review Most countries require families to submit a set of legal documents about their family called a dossier. We provide information to assist you in gathering and processing your dossier and we offer a service to review your dossier for errors before it is processed through the expensive required steps.
- USCIS Guidance and Review Each family must obtain permission from Citizenship and Immigration to bring a child into the U.S. from another country. We help you understand and navigate the requirements and forms.
- Referral Guidance We will guide you on questions to ask and getting the child’s information reviewed by a doctor familiar with international adoption. We will also help you understand some of the issues common to children from an orphanage setting including development delays, bonding and attachment.
- Adoption Costs and Financial Assistance We explain typical agency fee breakdowns and average adoption costs. Our financial packet includes information on the Federal Tax Credit, Dependency Exemption, Pending Adoption Tax ID number, Grants, Adoption Fundraisers & Creative Financing, Adoption Support Organizations, and Employer Benefits and Adoption Loans.
- Travel Tips Our travel advice and tips include information on preparing for an international trip, traveling with your child, questions to ask your child’s caregivers, and a packing list for you and your child.
- Finalization and Post Placement Advice We inform you on the tremendous importance of finalization/re-finalization, finalization fees, and attorney referrals. We also provide tips and information for when you return home with your child, guidance on post placement, and information regarding citizenship for your child.