Did you know there are over 1 million embryos currently in frozen storage in the US? Because of the great need to find adoptive families, Christian Adoption Consultants (CAC) has launched an Embryo Adoption Consulting Program as a life-affirming solution.
Embryo adoption is the term most often used when describing the legal process of adopting donated embryos that have been frozen during in vitro fertilization (IVF). Embryo adoption allows the adoptive parents to carry their baby through pregnancy and give birth to their adopted child.
For over 50 years, in vitro fertilization (IVF) and other assisted reproduction technologies have helped build many families. However, the success of these programs has created a surplus of frozen embryos. When a couple goes through the IVF process, there are often remaining embryos. Those embryos are stored for future use, destroyed, donated to science, or can be donated to an adoptive family.
Embryo adoption allows the family with the remaining embryos to select a hopeful adoptive family for their embryos. This offers the embryos the potential for life. The adoptive family is able to use the embryos, giving the adoptive mother the chance to carry her adopted child through pregnancy and give birth. If you have embryos in storage and would like to know more, visit CAC’s Embryo Donation Program page.
Our Embryo Adoption Consulting Program offers all-inclusive consulting and adoption support services. Your personal CAC Adoption Consultant will advise you through the following steps:
- Getting Started: We help you begin your adoption journey by creating an adoption “game plan”. Next, we provide adoption education, support, and guidance, throughout the adoption process.
- Home Study: We will provide a list of home study providers in your area and advise you on how to locate an affordable and reputable home study agency. We also give you helpful tips so you can prepare for your home study.
- Profile (Dear Donor Letter): We can create your Profile for you and give you tips for writing your Donor Letter. We help you write a custom narrative and design a unique, professional, creative profile to showcase your family. This service also includes professional picture selection and custom design.
- Embryo Adoption Program and Clinic Selection: We will educate you on the qualifications, requirements, and fees of embryo adoption programs and clinics that may be a good fit for your family.
- Adoption Costs and Financial Assistance: We explain typical program fees and how to lower your overall adoption costs. Our detailed financial packet includes information on Grants available for embryo adoption, Adoption Fundraisers & Creative Financing.
- Donor Match and Openness Agreements: We advise you through the matching process and help you understand the different levels of openness in embryo adoption.
- Legal Process and Contracts: We provide an overview of the legal process of embryo adoption, provide adoption attorney referrals when needed, and advise you on what’s included in a typical contract.
Contact us to request a free information packet with our packages and fees or schedule a call to speak to a CAC Adoption Consultant.