Our Domestic Adoption Consulting Program for U.S. adoptions offers all inclusive consulting and adoption support services.
Your personal CAC Adoption Consultant will advise you through the following steps:
- Getting Started: We help you begin your adoption journey by creating an adoption “game plan”. Next we provide adoption education, support, and guidance?throughout the adoption process.
- Home Study: We will provide a list of home study providers in your area and advise you on how to locate an affordable and reputable home study agency. We also give you helpful tips so you can prepare for your home study.
- Family Profile (Dear Birth Mother Letter): We can create your Family Profile for you. From our years of experience, we know what agencies and expectant/birth families are looking for. We write a custom narrative and design a unique, professional, creative profile to showcase your family. This service also includes professional picture selection and custom design.
- Agency Selection: We use a multi-agency approach with licensed agencies/attorneys that meet our strict CAC standards for ethical adoptions. We will educate you on the requirements and fees of agencies that may be a good fit for your family. Some agencies have lower up front application fees (or discount or waive their up front application fee) for CAC clients allowing the ability to apply to multiple agencies to find the best fit your family.
- Agency Applications & Paperwork Preparation: We can assist with preparation of application paperwork for select agencies to whom the family chooses to apply.
- Adoption Costs and Financial Assistance: We explain typical agency fees, average adoption costs, and how to lower your overall adoption costs. Our detailed financial packet includes information on the Federal Tax Credit, Dependency Exemption, Pending Tax ID Number, Grants, Adoption Fundraisers & Creative Financing, Adoption Support Organizations, Employer Benefits, and Adoption Loans.
- Adoption Risks Assessment: We help our clients significantly reduce the risk associated with adoption by identifying common warning signs.
- Agency Match and Placement: We advise you through the matching process with your agency and help prepare you to take placement of your new child.
- Travel Tips: Our travel tips and advice include airline and hotel discount information and a packing list for adoption travel.
- Adoption Finalization: We inform you on finalization in-state vs. out-of-state, finalization fees, adoption attorney referrals, and when to pay a retainer fee.