“So how does it work, really…”
The bottom line is that the birth family chooses an adoptive family to raise their child. There are no waiting lists. No “ideal” families. Just a birth family deciding who they want to become their child’s parents. But how do they choose and made such a huge, life-changing decision? The answer, really is, all about an adoptive family’s profile. A profile is a scrapbook of sorts that is a creative way to tell your family’s story for a birth family. It includes information about your family, your home, your activities, your thoughts on adoption, and your plans for the future.
I’ve been across the table from birth mothers as I present family profiles. Almost always, one jumps out at her that she starts to connect with through looking at the pictures and reading about the family. Through a profile, she can actually begin to envision what it would look like for her child to grow up in that family.
- Pictures of your family (portrait and candids)
- How you made the decision to adopt
- If married, how you met and your relationship with your spouse
- Information about your personality, work, and what you love to do
- Your parenting plans (childcare, education, etc.)
- Information and relationships with extended family
- General information about your home, neighborhood, and community
In the end, creating a family profile that communicates your heart for adoption, the personality of your family, and your dreams for the future is worth it. It gives a birth family critical information they need to make a huge decision. It allows you to make a good match with a birth family that has chosen you based on all of the information they need.
Want to hear more about my family profile creation services?Contact me.
Want more adoption [mini] tutorials??Click?here?for?more?resources!